Los Angeles Assault With A Deadly Weapon Lawyer
Criminal Defense Lawyers Defending Individuals Facing Assault With A Deadly Weapon Charges
Assault with a deadly weapon charge is covered under California Penal Code Section 245. It's defined as any person who commits an assault on another with a deadly weapon other than a firearm. A deadly weapon can be any object or instrument used in a manner that is capable of producing great bodily injury or death.
A conviction for this violent crime offense can lead to substantial legal consequences, including up to fours years in a state prison. There are also aggravating factors that could lead to a longer prison sentence, including assault with a firearm and assault on a police officer. A conviction for any type of violent crime can severely impact your future opportunities.
Therefore, if you have been formally charged or under criminal investigation, it's vital to consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately. Do not make any statements to police. Remain silent.
Legal Defenses Against Assault with a Deadly Weapon
The top-rated criminal defense attorneys at Eisner Gorin LLP know how prosecutors will attempt to build their case against you and what evidence they need to secure a conviction. Over our decades of experience defending clients against assault with a deadly weapon charges, we have developed effective defense strategies and know what key elements to raise in your defense. They include:
- Were you acting in self defense?
- Were you defending another person with a reasonable belief they could have sustained great bodily injury?
- Did you have a specific intent to assault the alleged victim?
- Is it possible your case is one of mistaken identity?
- Was the alleged victim intoxicated or impaired?
- Were there witnesses other than the alleged victim? How credible are their statements?
- Were you physically able to commit this type of violent crime assault?
- Did police violate your constitutional rights or make other errors?
Taking all these elements into consideration, we can aggressively build a solid legal defense on your behalf while always seeking a case dismissal or securing a "not guilty" verdict at trial. We can also use these legal defenses to obtain leverage in pursuit of a favorable plea agreement.
Keeping you Informed of All legal Options
Under certain circumstances, it may not be in your best interest to proceed to trial. It's possible that a plea to simple assult or other lesser criminal charge could be your best option. In these cases, you may be able to significantly reduce the potential legal consequences, including avoiding a felony conviction on your record.
In a case where the prosecutor decides makes a plea offer, our criminal lawyers will make sure you fully understand all the specific legal details and how it may impact your future. You have much at stake. We provide personal attention and will take all the necessary time to explain all of your most favorable legal options.
Whether you decide to aggressively challenge your violent crime charges at trial or pursue a favorable plea agreement, our skilled criminal attorneys will guide you through every step of the process. We will provide you with all relevant information to help you make proper decision. We care about your future.
Real Violent Crime Case Victories
Over our decades of criminal law practice, We have achieved many positive case results for our clients who were facing a variety of violent crime offenses. They include:
- Jury "Not Guilty" Verdict - Assault with a Deadly Weapon - San Fernando Superior Court: Our client was facing four charges of assault and a domestic violence charge. He was facing up to three years in prison if convicted. After a long two week trial, the jury came back with a "not guilty" verdict within 10 minutes of starting their deliberations. Additionally, the court ordered the police to seal and destroy all of the police reports of the incident pursuant to Penal Code Section 851.8.
- Assault with a Firearm, Felony Threats Charges Dismissed After Completion of Therapy Program - Van Nuys Superior Court: Our client, a pharmacist was charged with threatening to kill a friend at gunpoint. We conducted a thorough preliminary hearing where we cross-examined all the witnesses. In the end, all the felony charges were dismissed. Our client will eventually have the misdemeanor weapons charge dismissed, with no conviction on their record, after completing therapy sessions.
- Multiple Charges of Assault of Police Officers Dismissed - San Fernando Courthouse: Our clients were formally charged with assault and battery, resisting arrest on two police officers. They were facing a potential two year sentence. After lengthy negotiations with the prosecutor and our ability to expose evidentiary problems through our own defense investigation, the assault charges were dismissed. Only one of our clients was convicted for a public disturbance infraction. Another obtained a reduced misdemeanor conviction. No jail for any of our clients.
Contact a Violent Crime Defense Lawyer in Los Angeles
At Eisner Gorin LLP, our experienced Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers have learned over the years that an exaggeration of the facts are often reported to the police. Victim or witness statements are not always factual and sometimes the result of an alleged victim seeking revenge or another irrevelant issue. You need seasoned attorneys to review all the details of the alleged incident in order to determine the best strategy. Immediate intervention into your case by one of our violent crime lawyers can have a dramatic impact on the outcome of your case.
We have a long track record of success and have proven we will take any and all necessary steps to protect your freedom. Contact our law firm anytime, 24/7, for a free case review and to learn how we will defend you.
Related Pages: Assault | Attempted Murder | Weapons Charges | Juvenile Crimes