Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer
Eisner Gorin LLP is a nationally recognized Los Angeles criminal defense law firm devoted to contesting serious felony and misdemeanor criminal cases in state, federal, and juvenile courtrooms in Los Angeles County. Both firm partners, Alan Eisner and Dmitry Gorin, are State-Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialists, a distinction given to less than 1% of attorneys in the state. No criminal case is too large, nor too small, we defend one client at a time, as a team. An experienced criminal attorney from our firm will make every effort to understand every detail of your criminal case, all of the available legal defenses, and all of the weaknesses in the prosecution's case. The entire legal team at our law firm works together on their cases to ensure that you are getting the best representation out there. We will provide you with skilled legal representation through every step of the criminal court process.
Both Mr. Gorin and Mr. Eisner have obtained the highest ratings and national recognition for courtroom results, legal ethics, and professional reputation. Many of our criminal defense law firm clients are referred by lawyers, or other legal professionals working in the criminal courts. Our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys have national distinctions obtained annually including: Super-Lawyers (2010-Present), AVVO Superb Lawyers (2010-Present), U.S. Best Lawyers. Many of our clients are business owners, lawyers, medical professionals, their families, and other individuals needing the best criminal defense experts in the Los Angeles County court system. Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer, Dmitry Gorin, has been selected to Best U.S. Lawyers 2017. He is a State-Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist and a former Senior Deputy District Attorney in Los Angeles County. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice” based on its exhaustive peer-review survey in which leading attorneys assess the abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorneys Rated "Superb" with a Track Record of Success
Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers and founding partners, Alan Eisner and Dmitry Gorin, have a long history of zealous advocacy for their clients. Alan Eisner, a California State-Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist with over 25 years trial experience, tenaciously defends criminal cases in both State and Federal courts. Dmitry Gorin is nationally-recognized for his criminal trial skills and legal acumen. As a Former Senior District Attorney in the special victims units (sex offense, domestic violence, white-collar crime and gang cases), and a law professor at Pepperdine, Dmitry specializes in defending serious offenses in all Los Angeles County criminal courts. He has been sought out by the LA Times, Court TV, BBC, and other international media organizations for legal commentary on high-profile criminal cases. Alan and Dmitry work together on major misdemeanor and felony criminal case trials, bringing approximately 60 years of criminal trial experience and legal acumen in front of juries throughout the Los Angeles court system.
The law firm's associate is attorney Robert Hill. Practicing exclusively criminal defense, he has aggressively advocated for clients in Southern California criminal courts for many years. Attorney Hill has helped our clients obtain hundreds of successful outcomes for cases in all Los Angeles Superior Courts, including drunk driving, domestic violence, hit and run, sexual battery, indecent exposure, and other serious criminal charges facing the firm's clients. Our law firm also co-counsels with defense firms nationally and female attorneys depending on the type of case, venue for the trial and nature of felony charges.
Recent Case Results
Our criminal defense law firm handles cases in all Los Angeles County and Southern California Courts and federal cases nationwide. Here are our most recent case results:
- Santa Barbara Courthouse: Vehicular reckless driving causing injuries with prior, reduced to misdemeanor with no jail time
- Los Angeles Superior Court: Driving manslaughter jury trial, client acquitted of all homicide charges
- Los Angeles Downtown Court: Fraud felonies related to auto sales, and fraudulent auto insurance claims, probation with community service
- Burbank Courthouse: Church embezzlement, $500k loss approximately, no jail time after partial restitution made
- LAX Courthouse: Sex crime, dropped before court, student visiting from UK falsely accused
- Los Angeles Downtown Court: Sex crime, dropped before court, entertainer accused by a groupie
- San Fernando Courthouse: Neighbor dispute felony assault, facing 3 or more years, acquitted by jury
- LAX Courthouse: DUI with injury, reduce to misdemeanor with no jail, early intervention and client's mitigation
- LAX Courthouse: Robbery with knife, reduced to wobbler with electronic monitoring, no actual jail time served
- Van Nuys Courthouse - Client acquitted of murder Not Guilty BRI, now released from Mental Hospital, for inpatient treatment and counseling
- Central District California: Federal real estate fraud, facing up to 10 years in prison, probation with no jail time
- North Carolina: Federal wire fraud, diversion with no felony conviction
- Central District California: Federal jury trial, violence on airplane, client acquitted of felony battery causing serious injury, misdemeanor with community service settlement
- Riverside Courthouse: Domestic violence felonies, medical doctor, charges reduced to misdemeanor from felonies and no jail time
- Ventura Courthouse: Domestic violence felonies, out of state resident, charges reduced to misdemeanors and no prison time
California Criminal Law News Updates
There are numerous media reports about changes in California criminal law in the areas of marijuana possession, early release from jails, and reduction of felony convictions. While some believe the jail doors are flying open to release offenders, the truth is that the new laws are complex, few inmates qualify for reductions without successful court intervention, and violent offenders are still serving 85% of their sentences. Consult with our law firm for detailed information. Here is brief summary:
- Proposition 47: Reduces certain minor drug and theft-related crimes that were previously felonies to misdemeanors. Apllies to theft offenses such as receiving stolen property, petty theft, and check fraud, if the loss amount is less than $950. When the loss amount exceeds $950, a felony theft case can still be filed. Prop 47 also creates an opportunity for the defendant to petition the sentencing court for resentencing.
- Proposition 57: Allows non-violent offenders able to apply for early parole after completing only the portion of their sentence attributable to the base offense. Restricts prosecution of juvenile offenders as adults. On February 1, 2018, the California Supreme Court held that this provision of Proposition 57 applies to every juvenile case which had not yet reached final judgment at the time of the change in the law. Accordingly, approximately cases involving juvenile offenders which had already been filed in adult courts must now be transferred back to juvenile court to comply with Proposition 57’s new certification procedure.
- Proposition 64: Legalizes the possession and recreational use of marijuana by adults 21 years of age or older. Felony offenses for unlawful sale or transportation are reduced to misdemeanors.Aggravated cases may still result in state prison. Allows an opportunity for resentencing on a marijuana-related conviction.
- California Senate Bill 1437: Seeks to narrow the scope of both the felony murder and natural and probable consequences doctrine by more closely defining which participants in serious felonies can be charged with murder when someone dies as a result of the commission of the underlying crime. Certain people who were proven guilty of felony murder in California may be able to get a reduction in their sentence.
Through successful application to the court for early release, or for a reduction of a prior conviction, a client improves their ability to get a better job and to enjoy a more successful lifestyle. Our lawyers regularly brings timely petitions for clients to reduce and expunge convictions for misdemeanor and felony offenses.
Pre-Filing Intervention by Criminal Defense Experts
Consulting with a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer during an investigation or immediately after an arrest will help you better understand your potential case and possible legal options available to avoid serious legal consequences. In many cases where our criminal defense law firm became involved early in the legal process, our experienced lawyers were able to negotiate with the prosecutor and avoided the formal filing of charges. We understand your case and how our criminal justice system works in Los Angeles courts. The initial contact you had with the arresting police officer could have a huge impact on your legal defense and influence how we will build a defense strategy on your behalf. For example, if you were arrested for DUI, it may be possible the traffic stop was illegal. Our lawyers will review your case and possibly discover evidence that actually benefits your case. We may find information that makes it clear the police did not follow proper procedure or violated your legal rights. Your first consultation with our experienced attorneys will be used to analyze your situation, arrest and explore potential legal defenses we may use to build an effective strategy. We have achieved a record of success and capable of having charges dismissed before they are actually filed by the prosecutor.
An experienced Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer at Eisner Gorin LLP strategizes on each client's case to ensure that you are getting the best and most thorough legal representation. Our criminal defense specialist has a team of investigators and experts who are ready to scrutinize different aspects of your case, obtain witness statements and physical evidence, even before charges are filed. Early intervention by our law firm is important, so exculpatory evidence is not missed by the police and courts! The firm's Pre-Filing Intervention practice has caused numerous criminal cases (involving charges of violence, sex offenses, hit and run, white-collar crimes) to be dismissed before court even when arrest has been made.
The basis for an arrest is probable cause, while a court conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Our goal is to demonstrate to the prosecutor's office after an arrest, that the case has proof problems, due to lack of credible witnesses, insufficient crime scene investigation and numerous other bases. In this manner, our firm works tirelessly on causing the charges to be dropped before court! It is very important to have a criminal lawyer defend a criminal case even before the arraignment date set in court. Some of the most effective work done by our defense experts occurs before charges have even been formally filed. If you are aware that you are the subject of an investigation, please contact our Los Angeles criminal defense law firm immediately and we will let you know what an attorney can do to help.
Fighting Your Charges with an Aggressive Criminal Defense Approach in All Los Angeles County Courtrooms
If pre-filing intervention is not a option, we will aggressively fight your charges in all Los Angeles County Courtrooms. Our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys have over 60 years of combined courtroom experience. Martindale-Hubbell has recognized us as a "Preeminent Law Firm," designating us to be a Top 5% United States Criminal Law Firm. We understand how police and prosecutors will attempt to build a criminal case. Some lawyers choose to take a wait-and-see approach before investigating and working on a case. However, we believe time is critical for defense work on a case and understand that the first few days after an arrest are the most important to a police investigation. Facing a criminal charge is stressful and overwhelming as the court process can be complicated. Many defendants simply wait too long to consult with a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer who could help them remain free while their criminal case proceeds through their Los Angeles County Criminal Superior Court.
Avoiding a Felony Criminal Conviction
With over five decades as a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles, we have learned that a convicted criminal felon in our society carries stigma for the rest of their life, with dim job prospects, inability to obtain professional licensing (i.e. MD, JD, or CPA), and a general perception that the person is somehow not worthy of being in mainstream society. California does provide for a criminal expungement process under California Penal Code Section 1203.4, allowing a convicted criminal defendant to withdraw their plea, and have the criminal case dismissed after a conviction. However, even when this process is done successfully by a defense attorney, the defendant still must report a prior felony criminal conviction to a licensing board or in applying for a government job. The best way to deal with a wobbler felony offense in criminal court, meaning a case that can be prosecuted as either a felony or a misdemeanor crime, is to have the felony reduced to a misdemeanor before a conviction occurs.
At Eisner Gorin LLP, our Los Angeles criminal lawyers have been successful in reducing a felony case to a misdemeanor before conviction in criminal court in cases of domestic violence, DUI, theft crimes, assault, counterfeiting, and other criminal cases. Many of these case did not involve physical injury, and/or full restitution had been made to the victim. Our Los Angeles criminal defense law firm regularly file Penal Code 17(b) motions with the court to identify specific reasons for the court to justify a reduction, when the prosecutor is objecting to the reduction: 1) Lack of Prior Record 2) Efforts at Pretrial Rehabilitation 3) Future Prospects in School and Work 4) Family Dynamics 5) Character and Reputation in the Community.
A recent specific example involved an incident between college students, where the alleged victim sustained a broken nose. The judge reduced the offense to a misdemeanor crime and the criminal case was ultimately dismissed by the prosecution. Importantly the client ended up with a clean criminal record, can now apply to graduate school, and proceed with professional licensing without worry about a criminal conviction. In sum, a Los Angeles criminal lawyer should do everything possible to prevent a felony conviction, even though the expungement process may be available. Call an attorney at our law firm for a free immediate response.
Type of Cases Our Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyers Handle
At Eisner Gorin LLP, a top-rated criminal defense lawyer in Los Angeles is nationally recognized and specialize in the aggressive legal defense of all types of criminal, DUI, and federal offenses throughout all Southern California Courtrooms, including Los Angeles County, San Fernando Valley, Van Nuys, Beverly Hills, Ventura County, Santa Clarita Valley. In criminal cases where evidence may not have been obtained properly, our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys have been successful in filing a motion to suppress evidence. We also assist clients who believe they are the victim of a wrongful conviction. Our criminal law firm also assist individuals with restoration of gun rights following a conviction for California state crimes. We also defend law enforcement officers against misconduct or criminal accusations. Our law firm can also help you avoid incarceration with alternative setnencing options. Are you the victim of an unlawful search warrant or the victim of police misconduct? A Pitchess motion might be beneficial to your case. We can help. A lawyer from our office is available 24/7 to provide immediate legal representation and have two office locations in Los Angeles.
DUI Attorney Los Angeles
Driving under the influence is the criminal offense of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs, or operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.008% or higher. A top-rated Los Angeles criminal defense attorney at our law firm has been successful defending criminal and DUI cases, including a wide array of drunk driving charges, including first DUI, multiple DUI's, hit and run, vehicular manslaughter, underage DUI, DUI causing injury, DUI drugs, unlawful police stop, and DMV hearings. Facing a DUI charge in Los Angeles? Call our firm for a free immediate response.
Criminal Cases in Los Angeles County
Our criminal defense attorneys in Los Angeles have a track record of success in all types of criminal cases, including theft crimes, petty theft, robbery, aiding and abetting, receiving stolen property, burglary, grand theft, drug crimes, drug possession, possession with intent to sell, drug trafficking, violent crimes, assault with a deadly weapon, felon with a firearm, murder, attempted murder, federal crimes, wire fraud, mail fraud, arson, domestic violence, restraining orders, spousal abuse, child abuse, same sex violence, stalking, intimidation, juvenile cases, vandalism, weapon possession, three strike cases, hit and run, evading police, manslaughter, white collar crimes, bribery of a witness, identity theft, credit card fraud, embezzlement, internet crimes, bench & arrest warrants, expungements, probation violation, perjury, invasion of privacy, animal abuse and cruelty, among many others. Are you under a criminal investigation in Los Angeles County? Call a lawyer at our office to learn how we can help you.
Sex Crime Defense Lawyer
A Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer from our law firm also provide aggressive legal defense against sex crime cases. Eisner Gorin LLP, are top-rated sex crime defense attorneys who have repeatedly been recognized as a Preeminent Law Firm by Martindale-Hubbell, a lawyers' review company, which places us in the top 5% of all U.S. law firms. A conviction for a criminal sex offense can lead to many years in a California state prison and mandatory sex offender registration for life. Under California's Megan Law, all convicted sex offenders are required to list their name on the sex offender registry for an indefinite amount of time. In our experience with sexual related criminal cases in Los Angeles County, we have learned that innocent individuals are sometimes falsely accused of sex crimes, most commonly in cases of date rape, sexual assault and lewd acts with a child. A Los Angeles criminal defense expert from our firm aggressively defend any type of sex crime allegation, including possession of child pornography, lewd conduct, indecent exposure, rape, statutory rape, meeting minors for lewd purposes, prostitution, failure to register as a sex offender, 290 registration, sex with a minor, human trafficking, child molestation, solicitation of a minor, among others. Have you been accused of a sexual related criminal offense in Los Angeles? We know the criminal procedures on sex crime cases. Consult with an attorney at our law firm to review the specific details, discuss legal options and a defense strategy.
Bail Bond and Own Resognizance Release Defense Lawyer
After an arrest, a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles from our law firm will immediately focus on getting you released from custody as quickly as possible. Over our five decades of combined experience in all Los Angeles County area criminal courts, our lawyers have learned effective strategies on getting your bail reduced or released on own recognizance. At the Arraignment, our client could be released on "O.R.," meaning on their own recognizance without having to post bail. If the court decides to set a bail amount, our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers will advise our clients and their family how to properly post bail in order to secure a release from jail as soon as possible. The court sets bail amount as a financial assurance the defendant will return to court after they are released. See our related blog: Bail and Own Recognizance Release in Los Angeles
There are two common methods of posting bail in Los Angeles County. A cash bail could be posted at the jail to cover the entire bail amount set by the criminal court. At the conclusion of the criminal case, if bail is exonerated, the client would receive back the entire amount. The most common method is securing a bond through a bail bonds company. The client is typically required to pay around 10% of the total bond amount to the bail company, which will then post the entire bail through a bond. If bail is exonerated, the 10% will not be returned to the client because this would be considered a fee to the bail bond company. An experienced criminal defense attorney from our office will help guide our clients through this process.
Probation Violation Hearing Attorney
If at some point, a Los Angeles County criminal court believes you are in violation of probation, either because you violated a law or you failed to satisfy a condition or you failed to check in with your probation officer, the court will hold a probation violation hearing. If you believe you may face a violation, speak to a Los Amgeles criminal lawyer at our office immediately.
A probation violation hearing in the Los Angeles court system is similar to a trial in many ways: witnesses will testify, evidence will be presented, and you will have the right to an attorney. Unlike a trial, however, there is no jury. Instead, the judge makes the decision about whether or not you violated probation. Also unlike a trial, the prosecution does not have to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, but only by a preponderance of the evidence. So if the evidence shows that it is 51% likely that you violated probation, the criminal court will find you in violation.
Because the standard of proof is much lower, it is very important that you are well prepared for the hearing and that you have good legal representation by a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer. If the court finds that you violated probation, it can send you to jail in misdemeanor cases or to prison in felony cases. The criminal court can also just place you back on probation, possibly with more conditions to satisfy. As always, it is highly recommended that you speak to a criminal defense attorney at our law firm as soon as you are aware of an investigation into or charges or a probation violation against you.Our law firm can also assist you with early termintion of probation.
Criminal Appeals Attorney in Los Angeles
A Los Angeles criminal appellate lawyer from our office can help you to appeal your California felony or federal criminal offense conviction. Anyone convicted of a felony criminal offense may file a criminal appeal if they believe there were legal mistakes made at their trial. However, under California law, the appeal must be filed within 60 days after they were convicted. A criminal appeal is basically a legal argument presented to a higher court by a lawyer to determine if the original court made any errors in the interpretation of the law. Typically, a panel of judges will thoroughly review the trial proceedings. If they discover legal errors, they have the legal authority to reverse the conviction. You need to consult with a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer to learn more information about the legal process.
The appeals process starts after our criminal defense attorney from our firm file a “notice of appeal” in the original trial court. Once the trial transcripts are prepared, our criminal appeals lawyer will review in order to find sufficient legal errors that could result having the conviction overturned. If errors are discovered, our law firm will file “briefs” to the appeals court that will identify the errors and present an argument why they should overturn the conviction. At Eisner Gorin LLP, our criminal lawyers have handled many types of appeals and habeas corpus petitions in Los Angeles County throughout the State of California. The legal procedures in appeals cases are complex. Therefore, you need extensive knowledge in this area of law. Call our criminal defense law firm in Los Angeles anytime to review your case to determine legal options. Our lawyers will immediately respond to you phone inquiry.
California Proposition 47 Criminal Lawyer - Petition to Reduce Felony Offense to Misdemeanor
Contact a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer at our law firm in order to determine if you are eligible for relief under Prop 47. In November 2014, voters passed into effect an important measure to bring fairness to sentencing in California’s criminal justice system. Known as Proposition 47, it reduces crimes that were previously considered a felony criminal offense to a misdemeanor. It allows individuals who were convicted, including individuals who already served their sentence, to have their crime deemed a misdemeanor under Penal Code section 1170.18. These criminal offenses include most drug possession crimes, grand theft for under $950, receiving stolen property for under $950, commercial burglary for under $950, forgery for under $950, petty with a prior under certain circumstances.
Whether or not a criminal offense in Los Angeles can be reduced also depends on the criminal history of the individual. If someone has a prior conviction for a violent sexual related offense, some sex crimes that require registration under California Penal Code section 290, or violent felony crime convictions, they will most likely be prevented from reducing their offense to a misdemeanor. If you have a prior conviction of the listed eligible offenses, contact a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney at our office to review all the details and potentially assist you by filing a petition for removal of the felony conviction from your record. A lawyer from our firm will immediately respond to you phone inquiry.
California Proposition 64 Attorney - Petition to Reduce Felony Marijuana Conviction or Jail Sentence
Marijuana Legalization in California. On November 8, 2016, California voters overwhelmingly passed Proposition 64 which makes it legal for adults age 21 and over to possess up to 28.5 grams of marijuana, 8 grams of concentrated cannabis product, and cultivate up to 6 marijuana plants. Proposition 64 also reduced many instances of transport of marijuana for sale to a misdemeanor, down from its prior status as a felony drug crime. If you have already completed a sentence for violating the prior California's marijuana laws, such as Health & Safety Code 11359 possession of marijuana for sale, this means you can petition the court to have your conviction redesignated from a felony crime to a misdemeanor crime, or from a misdemeanor to a simple infraction. Furthermore, if someone is currently serving a jail sentence after a conviction under the prior marijuana laws, they may be eligible for a shorter jail sentence under Proposition 64. They would have to petition the court to have their sentence reduced. Unless the prosecutor opposes the petition, the judge is supposed to presume you meet the criteria for Proposition 64 resentencing. Depending on how much time has already been served in jail, the resentencing could actually lead to an immediate release from custody. For more information about California Proposition 64, contact a marijuana legalization lawyer at our law firm to review the details of your case. If eligible, our attorneys can assist you filing a petition to have your felony marijuana conviction or jail sentenced reduced.
Long History of Courtroom Victories in Los Angeles
Over our decades of criminal law practice in Los Angeles County, an experienced attorney from our law office have obtained great case results for our clients through planning and aggressive representation. Our professional criminal defense law firm in Los Angeles routinely achieves outstanding case results for clients who were facing misdemeanor or felony cases in state, federal and even juvenile courthouses.
Since we have experience as former prosecutors, our attorneys have a full understanding on how the criminal justice system works. Our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers have developed effective courtroom defense strategies and have a reputation of providing aggressive legal representation. A lawyer from our firm understands that every case has its own unique set of facts, evidence, and circumstances.
Here are just a few examples of our Los Angeles courtroom victories by our skilled criminal lawyers:
- High-Profile Child Abduction Case - No Jail Time - Los Angeles Superior Court: Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, Dmitry Gorin, represented a mother who was the subject of an international manhunt for a custody order violation and failing to return to Los Angeles after a vacation in Europe. She was allowed to travel with the children to her native Czech Republic, but never came back. She was arrested in France after violating custody orders that she return with her sons. She was also accused of disguising the children to make them look like girls. Mr. Gorin aggressively negotiated with the prosecutor and was able obtain a favorable plea bargain where his client would not serve any jail time. She only received a sentence of three years probation and allowed to return to her country. Read News Article.
- Murder Acquittal by Jury - Van Nuys Superior Court: Law firm partner, Dmitry Gorin, represented a man charged with first degree murder after shooting an art college instructor at a New Year’s party in Westlake Village. Prosecutors claimed he was intoxicated and asked to leave after getting into an argument with other party goers. He returned with several weapons, including a knife. When asked to leave a second time, a fight ensued when the victim was shot and killed. During trial, Mr. Gorin argued his client became upset after hearing his wife was subjected to a racial and sexual slur and the case was a textbook heat-of-passion incident. Dmitry also asked the jury consider his client had experienced great trauma during his entire life as a victim of racial bias, based on his Japanese heritage. After deliberations, the jury returned a not guilty verdict on first and second degree murder charges, but convicted him of the lesser charge of manslaughter. Read News Article.
- 200 Pound Marijuana Possession for Sales Case Dismissed - Inglewood Superior Court: Our client was facing felony drug crime charges of marijuana possession for sale. Los Angeles Criminal defense attorney, Alan Eisner, presented an argument in court that the police conducted and unconstitutional search under the Fourth Amendment and requested the obtained evidence be suppressed. The court initially denied our lawyers motion due to the fact the smell of marijuana was present from outside the home. Alan showed the court new criminal case law that when a law enforcement agent smells the odor of marijuana from a front porch or even outside a garage it still qualifies as an unlawful search. After careful considering his new argument, the judge issued a ruling that the initial search was indeed unconstitutional and the criminal evidence had to be suppressed. As a result, the prosecutor was unable to prove their criminal case against our client and announced to the court it was not able to proceed with criminal charges and requested a dismissal. The judge granted their request.
- Felony DUI Charges Dismissed - LAX Airport Courthouse: Our client, a registered nurse, was facing serious felony DUI charges causing injuries. The prosecutor initially offered our client a plea deal where she would plead guilty to the felony criminal offense and serve 6 months in Los Angeles county jail. Accepting this offer would have caused her to lose her nursing license. After a lengthy and aggressive negotiation by our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys, the prosecutor agreed to dismiss the felony DUI charge and have it reduced to a misdemeanor driving charge with more than .08% blood alcohol level. Therefore, our client was able to keep her license and continue her career.
- Involuntary Manslaughter Acquittal by Jury - Los Angeles Superior Court: The jury returned a verdict of Not Guilty verdict following the two-week trial. Our client was accused of speeding and street racing causing his car to lose control and crash, resulting in the deaths of his two passengers. Three civilian witnesses testified that client was going between 70 and 90 miles per hour, cutting in and out of traffic. Attorney Alan Eisner successfully argued that the police’s accident reconstruction procedures were unreliable, and that the accident was caused by a hit and run driver. The jury’s verdict confirmed the defense position that there was insufficient evidence to find client guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Before Court Success: Nearly 100 cases dismissed before court, after the firm's clients had been arrested and released on bail. The cases included arrests for theft, fraud, rape, molestation, domestic violence, and white collar violations. After our thorough and aggressive prefiling intervention and investigation, the prosecutor's office decided not to press formal criminal charges in court. A Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer from our law firm showed up with each client in court at arraignment, to confirm no criminal charges had been filed. Under the Penal Code 849, the client could now state he or she had never been arrested, as the arrest is deemed a detention only.
Contact a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney for a Free Immediate Response
With over 60 years of combined legal experience defending criminal cases, a top-ranked Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer at Eisner Gorin LLP represent individuals throughout the Los Angeles criminal court system on any type of criminal matter. Our attorneys possess the knowledge and experience to provide our clients with top-notch legal defense.
The law firm partners, Alan Eisner and Dmitry Gorin, have both worked in the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, giving them unique experience into how the DA's office attempts to build a criminal case as well as the criminal justice system in general. With their decades of criminal law experience, they also clearly understand how the police detectives investigate all types of criminal offenses, and use this knowledge to help the defense of their clients. A criminal defense attorney from our law firm applies a results driven approach for our clients when preparing a criminal defense strategy.
A Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer from our office handles cases in state and federal court, with a long history of successful case results. Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting our clients legal rights and obtaining the best possible outcome on their criminal case. With a highly skilled and experienced team of professional criminal attorneys, we can provide the legal defense you need to protect your future.
If you are under a criminal investigation or have been arrested for a criminal offense, A Los Angeles criminal defense specialist at our office would like to sit down with you to discuss you case. Our experienced criminal law firm will evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options. We have 2 office locations in Los Angeles County. Our main office is directly across the street from the Van Nuys Courthouse. We specialize in defending criminal cases in the Van Nuys Court, San Fernando Court, Burbank Court, Downtown Los Angeles Criminal Courts Building, Santa Clarita Valley, Antelope Valley, Hollywood, LAX Airport, Studio City, Encino, Chatsworth, Pasadena, Alhambra, Malibu, Glendale, Palmdale, Lancaster.
Our criminal defense certified specialist are available 24/7 to take you call and offer a free immediate response. Call our Los Angeles criminal defense attorneys at (877) 781-1570. We also speak Spanish, Armenian and Russian.